- The sitter exhibits courtesy & professionalism
in all dealings with customers & staff
- The sitter provides references.
- The sitter visits the client’s home before the first pet-sitting assignment to meet the pets and get detailed information about their care.
- The sitter displays a positive attitude during the initial meeting and is comfortable and competent in dealing with the animals.
- The sitter is courteous, interested and well informed
- The sitter provides literature to describe services and discuss fees.
- The sitter provides a service contract that specifies services, fees and time allocated per visit.
- The sitter wants to learn as much as possible about the animals in his or her care.
- The sitter has adequate knowledge and experience in caring for pets and is clearly mindful of their safety and well being.
- The sitter phones to confirm, or has the client phone to confirm, that the client has returned home.
- The sitter conducts business with honesty and integrity and observes all federal, state and local laws pertaining to business operations and animal care.
- The sitter has a veterinarian on call for emergency service.
- The sitter refrains from criticizing competitors.
- The sitting service provides initial and ongoing training for its sitters.
" Before your Pet Travels"
Up-to-date Medical and Health records
Obtain 10 days prior to travel
- Medication,Vitamins and Supplements
- Pet Crate or Carrier, with Identification
- First Aid Kit for both you and your pets
- A container for food and water
- Tweezers or Scissors for anything that may get caught in the pets paws or fur.
- Baby Wipes and Paper Towels to clean up mess.
- Trash and Waste Removal Bags.
- Carpet Ceaner and Disinfectant
overheat or get